Friday 4 November 2011

k.d. lang and Siss Boom Bang in Singapore:concert review

k.d. lang celebrated her 50th birthday at the Esplanade Theatre in Singapore on 2 Nov 2011.  I missed her visit few years back and so it was good to catch her perform with her new band Siss Boom Bang this time round.

The show started at 8:10 pm.  I have to admit that I do not follow her latter albums so most songs were unfamiliar to me.  But nonetheless, k.d. lang and her band quickly captivated us with their performance, and she was witty on stage.  Her rendition of Hallejulah brought the first biggest cheer of the evening.  I also liked Sing It Loud and Heaven (by Talking Heads)

It was a short performance, where she ended it with Constant Craving, which I did not really like the arrangement. Her band members later brought out a birthday cake for her.  She did 3 more songs before leaving the stage.

It was an enjoyable evening.  Credit should also be given to Siss Boom Bang.

No comments :

Post a Comment