Saturday 1 March 2014

Adelaide Festival opened with free open air concert


An outdoor concert at Elder Park was held to officially open the Adelaide Festival 2014.  After watching Girl Asleep at the Festival Theatre, it was logical for me to attend the outdoor concert.   First up was Charles Bradley, who had a hard life and only found fame recently.  He had a soulful and sad voice, reminded me of James Brown.




Next up was Kid Creole and the Coconuts,
a band I encountered in the 1980s and was surprised it was still around.  Of course, the coconuts must be new.....

Kid Creole still sounded good.  Although I was not very familiar with his songs, I enjoyed his energy and singing.





At the other end of the river was another event, Lola's Pergola, more a gathering of arts lovers and alike for drinks and food.  Crowded on a Friday evening, there were queues for drinks and food.






















No comments :

Post a Comment